The Association of Long Beach Educational Managers (ALBEM) is pleased to present to a deserving senior a $1,000.00 scholarship toward tuition in a teacher preparation program.
The following qualifications must be met:
* Grade point average of 3.0 or higher (attach transcript)
* Excellent citizenship
* Personal Essay (not to exceed 350 words): Why Am I Going to Become a Teacher?
* Letter of recommendation – Teacher
* Letter of recommendation – Administrator, Counselor, Activities Specialist
* Letter of recommendation – Source outside the school
* Application to a college or university program with intent to earn a teaching credential
ALBEM is proud to announce the presentation of a $1000.00 scholarship* to a graduating senior from each of the high schools in the Long Beach Unified School District. ALBEM awards a number of scholarships each year. One student from each district high school program and adult school will be selected. An additional scholarship will be awarded to a deserving student from one of the high school programs as a special scholarship committee selection. Students at LBUSD high schools must contact the Scholarship Chair person to receive an application and timelines. The application includes personal recommendations, general biographical information, transcripts, and a personal essay. Up to three applications may be forwarded to ALBEM from each site each year. The ALBEM Scholarship Committee will select one recipient from each school. Each school will be notified of its recipient and the student and a guest will be invited to an ALBEM meeting.
Thank you for your assistance in supporting the educational endeavors of our students!
*Recipients must be residents of Avalon, Lakewood, Long Beach, or Signal Hill.